Thursday, September 25, 2008

Surprise!!!

So, this has been one of those weeks. You know the kind that I am talking about... PTA, Book Fair volunteer, student teacher conferences, canning, helping friends with kids and projects, Activity Days for church, two nights of soccer, cranky baby, blah blah blah. I am frazzled and ready for my husband to be home more than 10 minutes. All the while praying that my Martha Stewart spirit will prevail. I have to say I have been very even tempered, that is until I had to venture to Walmart today. There is something about that place. It is like a drug. You know you hate it and that it probably isn't good for you, but you just can't seem to quit it. So as I am hustling to grab the two items I need, Tytan decides to scream for 15 strait minutes about a soccer ball. I have no idea! I can't find one, can't see one, and don't want to go looking for one. Then Matt, is complaining that the treat I got for him wasn't good enough. So, I told him that he just didn't need one. If he couldn't appreciate the fact that I was willing to get him a little goodie, than too bad. Say it with me... you get whatcha get and you don't pitch a fit. I escaped and made it home safely. Well the evening wound down and I was feeling it. As I was cooking dinner I noticed that I hadn't heard anything from McKenna and Matt for quite a while. I figured they were just in the play room. A few minutes later they invited me to come upstairs. They had a SURPRISE that was going to make me feel all better (I guess they could feel the stress). Below is the theme of my room and what I like it to represent.

And this is what was waiting for me...




A PARTY OF COURSE!
complete with decorations YEAH




You can't have party without food



2 comments:

The Griffins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Griffins said...

Jessi, how stinkin' cute is that!! I am in love with your kiddos!! How lucky are you?! I'm sorry that you had such a frazzled day. If it makes you feel any better, I'm potty training Asher right now (to no avail) and Lily is teething in a major way. And to make matters worse, Nick keeps pinching me like I'm the donkey on pin the tail on the donkey. I don't get parties- I AM the party. :] I love you and miss you sweetheart.