Thursday, September 11, 2008

1st Day of School

There is something about this time of year. Maybe it is the change in the air that brings with it the promise of fall or maybe it is just something about newly sharpened pencils and a brand new pack of crayons that makes me giddy. As this school year started though I found myself not so sure about things as my two big kids rode away. There was a part of me that wanted to call them back- steal them away to the park to feed the ducks and for an encore run in the sprinklers while eating watermelon. I have to admit . . . I kind of freaked out. It never has felt more real to me that time really is flying by and these moments won't last forever.  The kids of course were full of smiles as they kissed me goodbye and headed out the door. 








No comments: